Click HERE to activate your membership now!
2015 MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Football Season Ticket Application in Lettermen’s Section for Qualified Members
- Admission for two to all the Aggie Home events with the exception of football, Men’s Basketball & Baseball (Some restrictions may apply)
- Round of Golf at Traditions (Free Green Fee for Active Member Only, Nontransferable)
- MSC bookstore 15% Discount (Excluding textbooks)
- Recognition as 12th Man Foundation Reveille member (Value $150)
- Nomination Ballot for the Texas A&M Athletics Hall of Fame Selection
- Lettermen’s Association car window decal
- Lettermen’s Ring/Jacket Application
- Complimentary access to www.careerathletes.com
- Invitations to various Lettermen’s events including: the annual burgess banquet, athletic reunions, happy hours, networking seminars & home tailgates.
- Admittance to Lettermen’s Game Day Tailgates on Home Football game days
***EXCLUSIVE NEW BENEFITS***
- 12% OFF at Aggieland Outfitters- Show your membership card with your photo ID at any Aggieland Outfitters location to receive your discount, which is nontransferable and not valid with other coupons or promotions.
- 3 FREE workouts at CrossFit Aggieland- (Owned and Operated by former football lettermen, Seth McKinney ’01)
- Free Chiropractic Services at College Station Chiropractic- One Free exam to new patients and $10 OFF a 30 minute massage - One time offer to active lettermen, Nontransferable. http://www.collegestationchiropractic.com/
- Access to Career Networking Site on Lettermen’s Website: www.aggielettermen.org
- Aggie E-Card- access to send out exclusive aggie electronic cards via website
Letter from Your 2015 President:
Having just returned from the Liberty Bowl and Memphis, I can already tell that 2015 will be an exciting year for Aggie Athletics and our Lettermen’s Association. Reflecting upon 2014 and the leadership of Randy Wylie, we will feed off of that momentum of all that was accomplished!
We had record membership and participation both in team or sport reunions and Football game day tailgates. It is events like these that allow us to reflect upon the past successes and envision the future. Speaking of future, this year will be packed with milestones for our organization.
As of Dec. 31 we were very, very close to reaching all of our goals to fund and build the new Lettermen’s Club in the Zone facility at Kyle Field. 15 of 19 sports have fully funded ($100k) their interactive digital display in the new Club. These will be located prominently throughout the Club, and allow you to find old team photos, rosters and many other flashbacks to your years in the pool or on the court, track, pitch, arena or field. One hundred former players each pledging $200/yr is all it takes per sport! We will post an update on the capital campaign to build the facility as soon as Brady Bullard and The 12th Man Foundation provide it.
We also completed our Board elections for 2015 with a record number of votes cast. Clearly the online system is better than snail mail! I am pleased to announce that Buck Prewitt ’60 (Men’s Golf) has been elected Secretary/Treasurer. Our new 3 year term Directors elected are Ashley Freeman ‘11 (Women’s Golf), Charles “Chuck” Henderson ’94 (Men’s Basketball), Rick Seeker ’75 (Football) and Scott Slater ’88 (Football). Thank you to all who were nominated and who voted.
In November we had another great Burgess banquet to honor and induct the newest members of the Athletic Hall of Fame, Hall of Honor and Lettermen’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Congratulations to Hall of Fame inductees Brad Dusek ‘73 (Football), Simone Facey’08 (Track & Field), Megan Gibson ’08 (Softball), Ashlee Pistorius-Slayback ’08 (Soccer), Amanda Scarborough ’08 (Softball) and Amber Woolsey-Spencer ’00 (Volleyball). Special recognition goes out to Hall of Honor inductees Buck Prewitt ’60 (Men’s Golf), Rod Stepp ’59 and Lettermen’s Lifetime Achievement Award winner Birgadier General Mike Cokinos ’43 (Men’s Basketball & Diving).
As well, our dedicated staff led by Assistant Athletic Director Cathy Capps has had some changes. In June we were fortunate to add equestrian letterman Becca Murray and in December former learning specialist Brandy Tuck joined the team. Like Coach Sumlin, Cathy does not “rebuild” her team she just reloads! Ironically these jobs opened up due to our Job Fair for current and former athletes when both Stephanie and Amber (along with several other Lettermen) were hired by companies that attended the Job Fair.
We will have a busy 2015 with the build out of our new facility and another relocation of our offices. Please feel free to contact me or the staff regarding your Lettermen’s Association and don’t hesitate to get involved. Let’s have a GREAT year!
David Heath '76
Trainer, Football & Basketball
Click HERE to activate your membership now!
For more information on the 12th Man Foundation please visit www.12thmanfoundation.com.